Places to visit

New year in haifa


The Matzpen Mercaz's adventure in Haifa on the eve of 2019 New Year celebration Translated with Google Translate

Author & Co-authors
Asya Praisman (author)
אני אוהבת לטייל ולצלם את כל מה שאני רואה! כל מקום חדש שאני מבקרת בו נותן לי הזדמנות לתפוס את יופיו וייחודו של העולם. ומה שמרגש עוד יותר, זה שיש לי כישרון למצוא את המלונות הכי מדליקים. אני נהנת מלחקור ביקורות, לצפות בתמונות ולבחור מקומות שמציעים נוחות, סטייל ושירות מצוין. כשאני מוצאת כזה מלון, הוא מעלה את חוויית הטיול שלי והופך אותו לזכרון עמוק ונעים. זה פשוט מדהים לשלב את התשוקה שלי לטייל עם היכולת למצוא את המקומות הכי טובים !
2.23 km
3h 41 m
Places with media

Haifmon Center (Hebrew: תחנת הרחבת יפה מרכז Although it’s called Haifa’s Central Station, the title is largely historical. Nowadays it is far from being central both passenger numbers and location-wise. Translated with Google Translate

Tilatan College of Visual Design and Communication It was the opposite of Port of Haifa. Translated with Google Translate

The carved center was born out of a love for wood, crafts and respect for traditional methods. Carving Center in House 9 has been in its eighth year to give interested people the opportunity to learn the art of woodcarving professionally, artistically and in support. Translated with Google Translate

Uploaded by Asya Praisman

This is one of the legendary restaurants of the lower city. Its atmosphere is the business center of Haifa in the 60s and 70s. Its menu is special dishes of the northern eastern cuisine combined with good European traditions of the British Empire. Locals say that here you need to try a special dish: Harek Osbao. It is a winter dish based on lentils and pomegranates, served with fried dough, onions and plenty of coriander and garlic. They say that the dish got its name, meaning "burning in the fingers", because people can not resist and start eating with their hands - put their fingers in the pot to try it, despite the burning sensation in their finger tips. Translated with Google Translate

Shop with all kinds of European designs and those things that create comfort Translated with Google Translate

This street was once the central street of the German Colony. Today it is called Ben Gurion. It leads to the foot of Mount Carmel and the Bahai gardens. In the early 2000s, it was expanded and rebuilt with the restoration of the German colony Translated with Google Translate

Uploaded by Asya Praisman

The building in which the Aroma Café of the Israeli World Network (No. 8) comfortably settled used to serve the Dick family. Abraham Dick (1848-1917), the father of the family came to Israel from the Caucasus. The company he owned was founded in Haifa in 1878. The company was engaged in a number of cases, but mainly imported agricultural equipment and was then one of the largest in the country. The company was later inherited by Timothy (Timothy) Lange (1869-1947) and Gottlieb Schumacher (1857-1925). Timothy was the son of Anna Lange (1843-1930) of Abraham Dick’s sister. And Gottlieb Schumacher - Maria's husband from the house of Lange - Anna's sister. Their house was built at the end of the 19th century and stretched over 4 levels: 2 main floors (about 170 square meters), an attic and a basement (about 100 square meters). At the entrance are arched passages and large windows in which agricultural machinery and goods were exhibited. At the top of the building you can observe the gable, which characterizes the architecture of the Templars - the religious German Christian community, who founded the colony itself at the end of the 19th century. As in many other houses in the colony, it was customary to engrave inscriptions from the Old Testament above the entrance door. On this house is the inscription "EBEN EZRA 1893". This is a year of construction and a psalm: "And Samuel took one stone, and put it between Mitzpoi and Shane, and called it Even-Aizer (Help stone), and said: the Lord helped us to this place." Today, the expression symbolizes the help of God (like the expression "with God's help"). Opposite the house there used to be the Carmel Hotel, then the bus station, now the hotel complex is being built again. Translated with Google Translate

Every year, in December, a Christmas tree is decorated here. Next to her, Hanukkah is the symbol of Hanukkah and next to them is the crescent moon, the symbol of Islam. This holiday in Haifa is called the holiday of all holidays. Translated with Google Translate

New Year's bazaar Translated with Google Translate

Uploaded by Asya Praisman

The hotel building was built in 1905 by the Christian family Epener from the Templar community, which founded the German colony in Haifa in 1869. Two sisters, Christine and Helena, ran the hotel until the early 1940s. Their brother Gottlieb Epener, who owned a horse-drawn carriage workshop, assisted them in the administrative and financial management of the hotel. Near the hotel were planted the first in the German colony of Washington palm trees. They are famous for their great height and, they say, served as a guide for guests, so that you can always easily find a hotel. The archives of the Schumacher Institute, located in Haifa and exploring the history of the city, mention the way of life in the German colony of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The archival records speak of the Sisters of Epener, as well-known culinary specialists, whose restaurant located at the hotel was in great demand among the guests of the colony and was popular among British officers until the liquidation of the German community in the 1940s - World War II. Also interesting is the fact that the Peel Commission (the British Departmental Commission that resolved the partition of Palestine) was located in this hotel for a long time. The British Government of Palestine decided to deport a large part of the German community to Australia as a result of the open support of the National Socialist Party of Nazi Germany. The property was more nationalized and subsequently acquired by private individuals. In 1950, Samuel Drezner, a Jew who survived the Holocaust, bought a hotel and worked under his leadership until 1978. In December 2006, the building was acquired by a construction company and repaired, fully preserving its historical appearance (the restoration was carried out under the supervision and supervision of the Department for the Preservation of Historical Monuments of the Haifa City Hall). The hotel’s design maintains the building’s original atmosphere, including terracotta tiles, original wooden balustrades, windows, wooden shutters and a general style that matches the character of the building. Many bathrooms have a four-poster bath, wooden windows and blinds are preserved in accordance with the original, the rooms have old-style oak furniture, and the original floor tiles from 1905 have been preserved in many rooms and corridors of the hotel. Translated with Google Translate

Crossroads Ben Gurion and Allenby Translated with Google Translate

There is a small street that leads into the courtyards. It is called the road of poetry. On the walls of her houses are poems by Jewish and Arab poets from the inhabitants of Haifa. Translated with Google Translate

Uploaded by Asya Praisman

Restaurant "Dozan" is an institution that has absorbed the culture of the east in combination with Western traditions. This restaurant is located in the historic corner of Haifa, built by the Knights Templar in 1870. The owner of "Dozan" - Fadi Nadzhar, personally developed the design of the restaurant, in which time had to stop. He collected antique furniture from Europe, whose age reaches 120 years. The main idea of this restaurant was to unite Jews and Arabs in the cozy homely atmosphere of a European restaurant. In the menu "Dozan" you can find different types of cheese from Italy and France, English breakfasts, a large selection of salads, pasta, meat dishes. Translated with Google Translate

Uploaded by Asya Praisman

Today, after the restoration of the building in 2000, the Haifa City Museum is located in it. The building itself was built in 1869 and became the first stone house of the Templar community in the Holy Land. It was the house of the national assembly, the hall for sermons and meetings, the school and the local council at the same time. The bells from the annex above the facade proclaimed meetings. It is said that Kaiser Wilhelm spoke to people from a balcony during his visit to the Holy Land in 1898. Above the entrance, as usual, there is a quotation from the holy scriptures, this time the dog is mentioned: If I forget you Jerusalem, may I lose my right hand. Translated with Google Translate

Don't waste time for planning
Use detailed routes created by your friends and professionals.
Don't be afraid to get lost in new places!
Pinsteps - globe travel application. Travel pictures.
Don't waste time for planning
Open the world with experience of your friends and professionals without any fear.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience