This is one of the first three houses of Rishon LeZion. It was built on the money of Schraga Feibel Heisman, a wealthy merchant from Nikolaev. He participated in the creation of the settlement along with Levontin, Feinberg, Shalit. After the revolt against the henchmen of Baron Rothschild and the expulsion of Feinberg, Heisman sold the house and demonstratively left Rishon LeZion. He moved to Jerusalem and joined the Neturei Karta movement, a radical movement of Orthodox Jews protesting the existence of the state of Israel. It was in the basement of this house where for several months lived Naftali Hertz Imber, the writer of the poem Hatikvah, that formed the basis of the national anthem of Israel. Naftali was born in the town of Złoczew near Lviv. He wrote his poem Hatikvah (Hope) in Romania, and only added a few verses to it here. He offered the poem to Theodor Herzl as the anthem of the Zionist movement, but he rejected it. Only in 1903, when there were heated debates in the Congress about the possibility of creating a state in Uganda, the opponents of this project sang Hatikvah in unison: As long as within our hearts The Jewish soul sings, As long as forward to the East To Zion, looks the eye – Our hope is not yet lost, It is two thousand years old, To be a free people in our land The land of Zion and Jerusalem. The second floor of this house tells the story of the flag of the state of Israel. In 1885, the three-year anniversary of the creation of Rishon LeZion was celebrated. It was decided to make this event magnificent and to organize a procession along the main street to the well. Osovitsky sat at the head of the procession on a white donkey. On that time, he, a young and energetic teacher of orphans from Brody, was still beloved by settlers. In a year he became an chef officer of Rothschild’s administration, and in three years there was a revolt against him. It was decided, that he should hold a flag. Without any doubt, the image of a person sitting on a white donkey was associated with the image of the Messiah. But the flag was yet to come up with. And Israel Belkind did it. Along with Fania Meerovich, whose family came from St. Petersburg, he sewed a flag in the form of a traditional talit with Magen David in the middle. Today this flag is kept in the Israeli Parliament in Jerusalem. 14 years later, in 1897, at the first Zionist Congress in Basel, David Wolfson proposed this version of the flag to Theodor Herzl. Herzl resisted and offered his own version, but eventually agreed.