Путешествие на полдня или на день. Мы прогуляемся по великолепной набережной Пирита, где вы сможете сделать самые впечатляющие фотографии Таллинского залива; мы посетим впечатляющие руины монастыря Св. Бригитца и завершим путешествие у дворца Кадриорг с его парками и прудами.
Translated with Google Translate
Line number A1 goes to Pirita
Bus station to go out to Pirita and monastery of st. Brigita. You have arrived at Pirita. Pirita occupies a relatively big area but compared to other districts of Tallinn its population of 16,636 (as of1 Jan 2012) is relatively small. It mostly consists of private houses, instead of the large blocks of flats typical of some other districts of Tallinn, such as Lasnamäe and Mustamäe. Large parts of the region consist of newly built, modern buildings and houses. Famous Pirita beach is in Pirita. Pirita is one of the most prestigious and wealthiest districts of Tallinn,partly thanks to natural benefits such as its beach and yachting harbor. Pirita beach is the largest in Tallinn, and in the summer can attract up to 30,000 visitors a day.
When this gate is closed, please approach the site from the Brigitta sisters cloister. Birgitta sisters according to a 10-year contract manages The beautiful ruins park. There are many concerts in the park of the ruins, and there is an opportunity to organize festive events. The museum is open all year round: January, February, March, November, December 12 - 16; April, May, June, July, August, September, October 10 - 18
The idea of founding the monastery belongs to merchants (H. Huxer, G. Kruse, H. Svalbard) of Tallinn of around 1400. In 1407, two monks from Vadstena Abbey arrived in Tallinn to counsel the merchants. The first permit to break dolomite to gather building material for building the complex was acquired in 1417. The convent was constructed under the supervision of the architect Heinrich Svalbard. The main church of the monastery was consecrated on 15 August 1436 by the Bishop of Tallinn Heinrich II. Several of the merchants who had initially been proposed the monastery later became its monks. During its heyday, Pirita Convent became the most significant Catholic monastery in Livonia. The decline of the convent started after the adoption of the Protestant Reformation in Estonia in 1525, although it was allowed to continue to function. During the Livonian War in 1575, Pirita Convent was attacked by Russian troops under the leadership of Ivan the Terrible. They sacked the monastery, looted its riches and burned it down. Pirita Convent was abandoned since then, but local people used adjacent lands as a cemetery.
Pyrite Promenade consists of two parts. One is for lovers of unhurried hiking for rollerblading and biking. On the particular road can be found on an individual markup. Do not forget that in Tallinn it is not customary to try each other and it will be better if everyone engages in a road designed for specific purposes. The length of the sea promenade in Pirita is about two kilometers. When you start in the city, it ends near the Olympic Sailing Center. Here the track makes a circle and turns back. The local coast is popular with photographers. Almost 99 % of stunning photos of Tallinn bay were captured here. From the same embankment made a lot of famous panoramic photos of Tallinn. Especially attractive is the silhouette of the city in the evening hours.
Michael Steven Park (22 June 1966 – 18 September 2005) was a rally co-driver from Newent in Gloucestershire. One of the top co-drivers of his generation, Park died as a result of injuries sustained in an accident on the final leg of Wales Rally Great Britain when his Peugeot 307 WRC left the road and struck a tree. As co-driver to Markko Märtin, 'Beef,' as he was affectionately known, enjoyed considerable success with the Estonian during three seasons at Ford before joining Peugeot for 2005. Park is survived by his wife Marie and children William and Victoria. His death, the first top-level rallying fatality since Rodger Freeth in the 1993 Rally Australia, brought renewed attention to safety issues in the motorsport world. On 20 June 2006, a memorial for Park was unveiled in Tallinn, Estonia.
This monument commemorates Charles Leroux was an American balloonist and parachutist. He died on his 239th jump after a water landing in the city bay of Reval (now Tallinn, Estonia). Charles Leroux was born in the town of Waterbury, Connecticut, United States. He came to Europe in 1889 to demonstrate his skill in flying balloons and parachuting from them. He is known to have performed exhibition jumps in Germany (Berlin and Bremen) and Russia (Moscow, St. Petersburg). He was to conclude his European tour in Tallinn. The balloon with lighting gas took off from bastion in the center of the town. The winds rocked the parachute and carried it farther out to sea. Two days passed before Leroux's body was recovered by local people. A medical commission concluded that he had drowned. He was buried at the Kopli cemetery in Tallinn. The cemetery was completely flattened and destroyed by the Soviet occupation authorities in 1950.
The Russalka Memorial is a bronze monument sculpted by Amandus Adamson, erected on 7 September 1902 in Kadriorg, Tallinn, to mark the ninth anniversary of the sinking of the Russian warship Rusalka, which sank en route to Finland in 1893. It was the first monument in Estonia made by an Estonian sculptor. The statue depicts an angel holding an Orthodox cross towards the assumed direction of the shipwreck. The model for the angel was the sculptor's housekeeper Juliana Rootsi, whose grandson is the politician, Tiit Made
The Japanese garden is based on the philosophy of the cycle of life and the richness of the expression of nature. Flow, reflection, immersion in nature are those actions that characterize a real Japanese garden. The Kadriorg Park Japanese Garden was opened on July 31, 2011. Garden designer Masao Sone, originally from Kyoto, studied garden architecture in Tokyo and from his gardener father. The area of the Northeast Pond of the Kadriorg Park with its sunken glint slope, boulder field, large trees, a pond, and a waterfall was an excellent source of inspiration. A garden, like any living organism, develops and changes over time, and again and again, there is a reason to return here!
Jan Koort was an Estonian sculptor, painter, and ceramicist. Born on 6 November 6 in Tartu, he was the thirteenth child of village farmers Susanna-Marie and Jan Koorti. He studied at Orge village school. During the period from 1896 to 1900, he studied at the Tartu city school. In 1901, he participated in the German Craftsmen Society's drawing courses. His studies continued in St. Petersburg A. Stieglitz Art School (1902–1905), where he studied painting and sculpture. During the Revolution of 1905 he left St. Petersburg, and later moved to Estonia to Finland, and from there to Paris. He died 14 October 1935 in Moscow.
Amandus Heinrich Adamson was an Estonian sculptor and painter. Born into a seafaring family, Adamson excelled in wood carving as a child. He moved to St. Petersburg in 1875 to study at the Imperial Academy of Arts under Alexander Bock. After graduation he continued to work as a sculptor and teacher in St. Petersburg, with an interruption from 1887 through 1891 to study in Paris and Italy, influenced by the French sculptors Jules Dalou and Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux. Adamson produced his best-known work in 1902. His Russalka Memorial, dedicated to the 177 lost sailors of the Ironclad warship Russalka, features a bronze angel on a slender column. The other work is architectural. His four figurative bronzes for the Elisseeff department store in St. Petersburg (for architect Gavriil Baranovsky), and the French-style caryatids and figures for the Singer House (for architect Pavel Suzor) are significant components of the "Russian Art Nouveau" visible along Nevsky Prospekt. He was named an academician of the Imperial Academy in 1907. In 1918, in the context of the Russian Revolution and the Estonian War of Independence, Adamson returned to his home town of Paldiski in northwestern Estonia, where he spent the rest of his life.
Kadriorg Palace (Estonian: Kadrioru loss, German: Schloss Katharinental) is a Petrine Baroque palace built for Catherine I of Russia by Peter the Great in Tallinn, Estonia. Both the Estonian and the German name for the palace means "Catherine's valley". It was built after the Great Northern War for Nicola Michetti's designs by Gaetano Chiaveri and Mikhail Zemtsov. The palace currently houses the Kadriorg Art Museum, a branch of the Art Museum of Estonia, displaying foreign art from the 16th to 20th centuries. The KUMU branch of the museum, showing Estonian art from the 18th century onwards is located nearby in the park.
In I-Lustla, you can get acquainted with the baroque model of Kadriorg Park. There are park booklet leaflets, postcards with historical park plans, letter envelopes, and stamps with the park logo, etc. Various information materials are available free of charge on the park territory. Already in the middle of the 18th century, there are two summer pavilions or chandeliers at the different corners of the park in Kadriorg. Until the end of the century, only the chandelier of the lower garden remained. The original chandelier was a square base plan and a two-tiered roof with a baroque style. Unleavened loungers used walkers on the park and on the beach for rest stops and in case of rainy weather to drink tea. The oldest known sketch of the building dated back to about 1800 and was made by the castle architect Johann David Bantelmann. Already then, the luster was covered with a high-breaking tent, and its facade was decorated with rusted corner patches and a profiled cornice under the roof eaves. Windows and doors were framed by simple plasterwork. The only entrance was on the palace's facade. There were three windows in the opposite facade, There are also three on the side of Weizenberg Street and two on its opposite wall, so there were nine windows in the house. Partitions divided the house into three rooms. There was no heat collector at that time because the funeral was only used as a summer holiday spot after walks in the park and on the beach.
The Swan Pond is the most famous of the Kadriorg Park ponds. Originally called the Lower Pond, it was featured on the plans of Kadriorg Park as early as 1723. In 1741, an islet with a pavilion and several trees were designed in the middle of the pond. At the beginning Of the 20th century, various buildings were located around the pond. A wooden villa housing the famous café-restaurant Kontsertaed stood at the spot of the current F. R. Kreutzwald statue. A favorite winter pastime for townsfolk was ice-skating on the pond under the streetlights. Renovation of the surroundings of the pool was undertaken in the mid-1930s. The rundown restaurant buildings were demolished and replaced by lawns, flower beds and hedges. It was then, in the 1930s, that the pond came to be called the Swan Pond (as swans made it their summer home). Fountains were erected in the pond, and around, pillared bandstand designed by Villem Seidra was built on the islet. A sundial and flower beds designed after Estonian ethnic patterns were installed on the south bank of the pond in 1937.