Agrippas Street is one of the oldest and busiest streets in Jerusalem. Until the end of the 19th century, it was just a tiny piece of land dividing between Jewish neighborhoods around. The narrow section was only not sold or developed. Garbage and dirt of mudflows were damaging neighboring Jewish quarters. On one night in 1875, Jews from neighborhoods gathered together and worked until dawn to clear this area and turn it into a wide, clean street. The new road became known as BILA, the abbreviation for the Hebrew phrase "bimlalaya" or "overnight." The name was later changed to Agrippa, perhaps because tradition attributes to King Agrippa II that he laid marble streets of the city 2,000 years ago. Tiny historic quarters - Nakhlaot surrounds the Agrippas street; between them, the market of Mahane Yehuda began to grow.