The name Krämersgassen comes from Krämern (small traders). The street corner at Krämergassen 2 is one of the best-preserved parts of the modern old town. Tiny craft houses with half-timbered facades (No. 18, partially preserved from 1482) stand next to the broader stone buildings of higher quality. In the house of Ober Kraemergasse 12 from 1395, the founder and scribe Georg Kaper lived from 1453 to 1484. On the opposite corner, buildings on the upper floors are depicted, especially ancient half-timbered houses built-in 1452.