In 1924 British celebrated the seventh anniversary of the conquest of Jerusalem by General Allenby. King George Street, named in honor of King George V, was inaugurated in this event. There are some significant buildings along the street. In 1950–1966, the Knesset, Israel's parliament, met at Beit Froumine. Beit HaMa'alot ("elevator house"), the highrise building with elevator, was built in 1935 by architects Alexander Friedman and Meir Rubin. The headquarters of the Jewish Agency is on this street.
Photo מאת לא ידוע - user:idobi, נחלת הכלל, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=4629085