The water tower was built in 1898. Next to it was a pool, which was used as an open reservoir. From here water irrigated gardens via open arches in the first years of existence of the settlement, and research garden and city park after. Near the pool was a watering place for animals. The other pool was closed, it was intended for the needs of the settlers. And where did the water come from?