This house was built in 1900 by Yaakov and Batya Kaner. They came to Turkish Palestine from Bucharest in 1881 and lived in Beirut for six years. In Rishon LeZion they were engaged in viticulture. The Caner house doesn't look like other houses in Rishon LeZion. Its distinctive feature is the balcony that runs along the perimeter of the house. The Caner family was childless, and their house passed into the use of the municipality of Rishon LeZion. It housed the emergency department and during the war of independence of Haganah.