This monument is dedicated to the fallen and missing soldiers natives of Nuremberg as part of the twenty-first infantry regiment during the Second World War. The history of this regiment has a special symbolism for the inhabitants of Nuremberg. It would have been formed in 1921 after the First World War and equipped with the remnants of the state regiments 45, 46 and 47 and received the Bavarian prefix to its name. Despite this, during the beer coup Hitler in Munich, the regiment remained faithful to state power in Berlin. In 1934, after Hitler came to power, the regiment was divided into the Nuremberg and Bavarian composition.