The house that stands at the intersection of Carmel street (it got its name thanks to a winery) and Max Nordau street (he was famous Viennese psychologist and colleague of Theodor Herzl) used to belong to the Gershon Gurvich. Gershon was born in Vilnius, he studied in Warsaw and in 1885 together with Puhachevskiy arrived in Turkish Palestine, among six talented young agronomists from Russia who were sent for by the managers of Baron Rothschild. Unlike Puhachevskiy, Gurvich arrived in Rishon LeZion just three years after arriving in Palestine. Until that time he studied agriculture in the North of the country. Fast enough Gershon has earned the respect of the settlers and in addition to cooperation with Puhachevski, became one of the managers of the winery. In 1936, he advocated the establishment of the Rishon LeZion Museum, which narrated the history of the city. This idea was brought to life by his grandson Avshalom Leshem, a well-known Israeli lawyer. He created the famous Rishon LeZion Museum.