This place was previously a one-story house, which was bought in 1887 by Samuel Cohen. He came from Moldova and became a winemaker. Samuel played folk melodies on his violin and over time he got called "Stempenyu" in honor of an itinerant Klezmer violinist from of the same-named story by Sholem Aleichem. Samuel hummed in a folk manner words of a created in Rishon LeZion poem, which further became the national anthem of Israel. This poem was written by Naftali Hertz Imber in the house, which is now on the territory of the Museum.