Architect Győző Czigler designed the complex, and the Gozsdu Foundation built it in 1900-1901. All the seven original buildings were part of the Jewish Ghetto that existed from November 1944 to January 1945. In 1999 Gozsdu-courtyard was privatized, and reconstruction works were done between 2002-2008. Today it is well known for cafés, bars, pubs, galleries, exclusive shops.
Photo: By Globetrotter19 - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=39939990