We enter the territory of the Rishon LeZion Museum. It includes several historic buildings where took place some of the most important events in the history of the settlement: the creation of the flag and the anthem of the state of Israel. The two-story building to the right of the entrance was built in 1911 by Menachem Mendel Abramovich and his son Mordechai. Menachem Mendel fled army service in Russia at the age of 11 and lived in a foster family for a long time. He married Esther Abramovich, took his wife's name and moved to Jerusalem, where he was going to grind flour and thus provide for the family. However, a roof of the mill he bought leaked and his grain got sprouted because of rains. Menachem and Esther lost all their savings and moved as peasants to Rishon LeZion. They were allocated land and a house. Years later, they returned the loan and became free. In 1902, their son Yakov died at the hands of murderers in Jaffa, and their youngest daughter died in infancy. After standing on his feet, Menachem Mendel built this house in memory of his dead children, and it was intended as a shelter for poor workers. The house served a shelter until his death and then became a clinic, that provided services to those who found it difficult to pay for treatment. The history of the Museum of the city began with this building, in 1982.