Andrássy Avenue is dating back to 1872. Wide boulevard with spectacular neo-renaissance mansions was recognized as a World Heritage Site in 2002. It was named in 1885 after the leading supporter of the project, Prime Minister Gyula Andrássy. The first subway line of continental Europe was built in Budapest under the Andrassy boulevard. It is called the Millennium Line as it was constructed for the Millennium Celebration of 1896, commemorating the Hungarian Conquest of 896. In the 1950s It became Sztálin út ("Stalin Street"). During the 1956 uprising, it was renamed to Magyar Ifjúság útja ("Avenue of Hungarian Youth"). The following year communists changed the name to Népköztársaság út ("People's Republic Street"). The former name of Andrássy was restored in 1990, after the end of the communist era.
Photo: By xorge - Budapest (89), CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=67485123