Places to visit in Salzburg

My trip in Salzburg of Sep 28, 2018


Description: It was wonderful adventure! Translated with Google Translate
Distance
2.45 km
Duration
1h 56 m
Likes
1
Places
12
1
Uploaded by Evgeny Praisman
The Salzburg District Court was once located on Kaigasse in the old town, and in 1909, after construction was completed on Kayetaneplatz, was moved to a new building. Here, the old police barracks accommodated various departments due to the acute shortage of places in the new building. During the reign of the Nazi regime, many public figures who did not agree with the Nazi regime were condemned and sent to death in the camps. This is evidenced by the bronze epitaph the size of the cobblestone pavement. Such signs began to appear in Berlin, initially in memory of Jewish families deported to death camps. Over time, they began to mention other victims of Nazism, and now, tradition can be seen in Salzburg. Since 2001, most of the district court has been located in this recently completely renovated building of the old police barracks. Translated with Google Translate
2
Uploaded by Evgeny Praisman
The Karolinska Bridge is named in honor of Karolina of Bavaria (1792, † 1873) - Empress of Austria, fourth wife of Emperor Franz II. She spent most of her last years living in Salzburg, and died there. Carolina personally attended the opening of the first wooden bridge in 1858. It was 60 meters wide and located upstream than the current bridge. The bridge at the present site was built under the mayor of Rudolf Bible and opened on February 2, 1884. Until 1889, travel on it was paid. On April 12, 1938, he moved 16.5 meters upstream and served as an emergency bridge. The structure with two bearing arched steel beams was opened in the autumn of 1939. In 1990/1991, it was extended using cantilever bike paths and sidewalks. Translated with Google Translate
3
A beautiful promenade in the lime avenue on the opposite side stretches along the river and pleases with beautiful views. But you need to be careful not to occupy the bike lane. The pedestrian part is located closer to the river, so that you can admire the views without flickering before the eyes of cyclists. Translated with Google Translate
4
EKH Rechtsanwälte
Uploaded by Evgeny Praisman
The street along the embankment is called GiselaKai. She was named after Gizella, the second daughter of Emperor Franz Joseph I and Empress Elizabeth of Austria. Gizella married her cousin, Prince Leopold of Bavaria. In the middle of the XIX century, according to the decree of Karl Freerra von Schwarz, the entire territory along the right bank of the river was set aside for the construction of mansions - Kaivillen. Translated with Google Translate
5
Mozartsteg
Uploaded by Evgeny Praisman
Viennese businessman, owner of coffee house Georg Krimmel, owner of Corso Corso, was worried about the work of his cafe. Despite the good location and beautiful garden, things did not go well. So, Krimmel decided that for success there was not enough convenient communication across the river straight from the old city of Salzburg to his cafe. Thus began the construction of Mozartsteg. And later Krimmel also decided to initiate the construction of Makartsteg - downstream. The Mozart Bridge was solemnly opened on Sunday March 29, 1903. At the ceremony, the Duke of Salzburg Clemens Count Saint-Julien-Wallsee was present with the mayor Franz Berger. Newspapers wrote: “A new iron bridge from the former Michaelstor to the Corso café” (quoted by the Salzburger Zeitung). Translated with Google Translate
6
Pepe cocktailbar
Pepe cocktailbar
Here, in the middle of pubs and bars, a barely visible staircase rises. She leads up the mountain of Capuchins. In addition to the monastery, on the mountain of the Capuchins, there is today a wooden hut, the so-called Lodge of the Magic Flute, where Mozart wrote his last piece that brought him great success. Translated with Google Translate
7
Linzer Gasse Platzl
Uploaded by Evgeny Praisman
From Roman times, Linser Gasse served as the main thoroughfare east of the Old Town, and was once the most important road for travelers departing from Salzburg in the direction of Linz, Vienna and the northeastern lands of the Habsburg Empire. Despite the fact that the catastrophic city fire of 1818 did not spare the houses of the 14th and 15th centuries, the historical merchant houses were almost completely restored. Translated with Google Translate
8
Uploaded by Evgeny Praisman
Directly opposite Cornelius Wrightsamer Square in the chain of houses is a tall portal, wearing the crown of the coat of arms of Archbishop Marxus Sittikus of Hoenem. This is the beginning of the ascent to the Capuchin monastery. It still has the connecting detail of the medieval city wall between the rock and the nearby Ostertor. And on the square itself there is a wonderful fountain and drinking water dispenser. These buildings appeared here in the summer of 2014 as part of the redesign of the lower Linzer Gasse and Cornelius-Reitsamer-Platz. Here the purest mountain water flows from the Untersberg mountain. Translated with Google Translate
9
Uploaded by Evgeny Praisman
In the part of the Mirabel Palace overlooking the park of funny sculptures there is a temporary exhibition about these sculptures. These are figures of dwarves, depicting human emotions and traits. They can touch, fascinate, irritate, annoy, but always leave no one indifferent. Apparently, it was this feature that made the crown prince Ludwig of Bavaria sell them. This last king of Bavaria, who built castles that inspired Walt Disney, lived in Mirabell when he was in Salzburg. Today, most of the sculptures managed to return. And the palace itself is inextricably linked with Prince Bishop Wolf Dietrich von Ritenau. He was secretly in love. Beauty was his weakness. He violated all the canons and laws of the Catholic Church and, torn between the service of beauty and the service of a cult, built this magnificent architectural and park ensemble behind the city wall in 1606. He dedicated it to his beloved - Salome Alt, and the original name of the palace was - Altenau. Translated with Google Translate
10
Uploaded by Evgeny Praisman
This Pegasus, once stood in a fountain in the square near the city’s Dome Cathedral. But, after its reorganization, he moved here, freeing a place in the fountain for Tritons and Neptune. And the fate of the palace also changed. Despite merit, title, rank, true ministry of church and god, in 1612 Archbishop Ritenau was removed from work, and the palace passed to his nephew Marcus Sittikus von Hohenems. The successor of Ritenau renamed it Mirabell Palace, which means “Beautiful” in Italian. Translated with Google Translate
11
Uploaded by Evgeny Praisman
In the XVIII century, the palace was substantially rebuilt, but the marble hall retained its appearance. Previously, he was the grand hall of the prince archbishops of Salzburg. Here Wolfgang's father, Leopold Mozart, gave concerts, then he began to bring his miracle to his children, Nannerl and Wolfgang Amadeus. From the second half of the 19th century, the palace was acquired by the city council. Remember, the one that was infringed? And he just had to celebrate the wedding near the town hall? So today the marble hall has become a hall for romantic marriages with world renown. Young couples come here from all over the world to tie the knot. Marriage in the Mirabell Palace lasts 15 minutes. Back newlyweds return on foot. Parking is not available, you can only get to the gates of the palace. Translated with Google Translate
12
Well, we leave the palace, after a wonderful concert of music by Haydn and Mozart. Translated with Google Translate
Don't waste time for planning
Use detailed routes created by your friends and professionals.
Don't be afraid to get lost in new places!
Pinsteps - globe travel application. Travel pictures.
Don't waste time for planning
Open the world with experience of your friends and professionals without any fear.
Share
Send
Send