A historical brewery! Before 1717, there was a wine cellar and vineyard that belonged to Jacob Daniel Tepser, the mayor of Vienna at the time. In 1717, he sold the vineyard to the Imperial Court, and Empress Amalia Wilhelmina built a convent in its place.
The Salm Bräu Brewery is next to the Belvedere Castle. Since 1994, Salm & Co.’s brewery restaurant is here, in place of the servants’ quarters of the Convent.